Life just needs come cookies every once in a while, am I right? Especially now when the weather is turning cold, baking cookies is a nice activity to make some fun memories with the kids. If you are on the gluten free diet, you don’t need to cut out cookies, just make them yourself! These cookies are almost naturally gluten free and don’t use any gluten free flour mixtures, just oats! The only modification I did to make these gluten free is making them with gluten free oats and M&Ms instead of Smarties! Easy switch. Yes I know these are cookies, but nutritionally I love that they are made with whole grain oats and lots of peanut butter.
Gluten Free Tip: In Canada I love the gluten free oat brand Only Oats!
1 cup EACH white and brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp of corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 cup regular oats, gluten free certified
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
1/2-1 cup of M&Ms
- Beat together eggs, sugar, butter and peanut butter together in a large bowl.
- Add in corn syrup, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add oats, chocolate chips and M&Ms. Mix well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, drop onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Do not flatten before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 10 minutes. Cookies will look slightly under done when they come out but will set as they cool. Allow to cool completely on baking sheets.
Makes about 5-6 dozen cookies. Store for a couple of days on the counter, longer in the freezer.