Gluten free pizza pockets. Gluten. Free. Pizza. Pocket. Yes, they are amazing! If you haven’t tried to make four ingredient dough yet, check out my bagel post. This recipes uses the same dough, only you fill it with pizza toppings to make pizza pockets!
Your family will love these. Make a double or triple batch and freeze some for next week. Experiment with different toppings to switch it up.
Serve with a big green salad or some raw veggie sticks to round out the meal.
1 cup gluten free flour mixture (like this one)
1 cup fat free Greek-style yogurt (lactose free if needed)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Toppings of your choice: shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, olives, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease the paper with oil.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined.
3. In a stand up mixer, mix the dough with a hook for about 30 seconds until it looks well blended and fairly smooth. Without a mixer, knead about 15 times with a damp hand to prevent sticking (you will have to re-wet your hand several times).
4. Divide into 4 equal balls. Using a wet hand, flatten the dough into an oval shape on the parchment paper. The dough should be about 1 cm thick. It helps to wet your hands to keep the dough from sticking to them.
5. Spoon pizza sauce over half of the dough, leaving a 1 cm space around the edge for sealing the dough. Add toppings and shredded cheese.
6. Carefully peel off the dough from the parchment paper and fold in half. Press down on the edges to seal in the toppings.
7. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 30 minutes until browned. Let cool slightly before devouring!
Freeze individually wrapped for a quick lunch! Reheat and enjoy.